Norton AntiVirus 2012 220.127.116.11 Final Full | 106.7 MBNorton Antivirus is one of the most popular names in the antivirus market, relying on a powerful scanning system with regular definition updates and real-time protection.
Created by the developers over at Symantec, Norton Antivirus promises to be the perfect antivirus solution for every computer, as it delivers industry-leading protection against all types of infections, with a moderate footprint on hardware resources.
During our test, we were really surprised to see how easy and fast someone can install this application. Truth is, the installer doesn’t look too professional though, although it’s extremely efficient and takes only a few seconds after everything is dropped in the right place.
And it doesn’t ask for a computer restart, something that was mandatory in the past and allowed viruses to spread and sometimes disable antivirus protection.
The interface seems a bit too crowded and clunky and we wouldn’t really expect such a main screen from an antivirus that’s supposed to be a leader in its segment. The settings menu comprises tons of options, but as always, you should pay extra attention when browsing through them.
There are four scanning modes, “Reputation Scan”, “Quick Scan”, “Full System Scan” and “Custom Scan”, each with its very own configuration settings. Of course, the third one takes a lot of time and uses a moderate amount of computer resources, but it checks every single file on your machine to make sure you’re on the safe side.
Norton Antivirus comprises basically everything to stay away from malicious files and online attacks, including an antivirus, antispyware, intrusion prevention, email and browser protection, but also the so-called “Download Intelligence” to check your downloads on the go.
Another interesting feature is the so-called “Facebook Scan” that automatically scans your Facebook wall to verify the published links.
Another problem we experienced during our test is related to the update process which seems to take ages when running Norton Antivirus for the first time. It depends on the Internet connection indeed, but the first update needed a lot of time to download and unpack the files.
A really good thing is the fast scanning process that’s also quite friendly with computer resources. Plus, it is very efficient thanks to the virus definition updates that are delivered very often, sometimes even several times an hour.
All in all, Norton Antivirus remains one of the top choices when it comes to affordable and efficient antivirus solutions. And with a few improvements here and there, it would definitely fight for the crown.
key features of Norton Antivirus:
Engineered for Speed:
· Scans only files and processes at risk using Norton Insight.
· NEW! Installs in under one minute on average, requires less than 8 MB of memory
· Delivers up-to-the-minute protection with rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes.
· IMPROVED! Provides multilayered security through the Norton Protection System.
· Prevents bots from taking control of your PC.
· Detects and automatically removes malicious threats.
· IMPROVED! Defends against Web-based attacks.
· Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojans, bots and Internet worms.
· Recovery tool boots and repairs badly infected PCs. Delivers our most complete, deep cleaning scan possible.
· Norton Ongoing Protection provides continuous protection updates and new product features as they become available throughout your product subscription period, helping to keep your computer protected against the latest Internet threats and risks.
· Norton Automatic Renewal Service helps to ensure that you’re protected by automatically renewing your product subscription before it expires.
Control without disruptions:
· Automatically schedules scans and updates to occur while PC is idle.
· Review the security status of every process on your PC.
· Silent mode helps ensures movies and games are never interrupted.
· Maps your wireless home network.